- Sterling Library has public computers throughout the building. All computers are connected to a black and white printer, located next to the copier between the computer banks. Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guest passes are available for any visitors who do not have a Loudoun County Public Library card.
- For wireless printing, connect your personal devices to the library’s WiFi network (“LibraryWiFi”) and the printers should appear in the list of destination options. These printers are located behind the front desk. Please speak with a library staff member for further instruction.
Meeting rooms are available free of charge for public use and can be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Please refer to the Meeting Room Guidelines for more information. Assistive listening devices and audio-visual equipment are available in each meeting room. Click here to reserve a meeting room.
- Conference Room seats 10
- Meeting Room A seats 35
- Meeting Room B seats 35
- Rooms A and Room B combined seat 75
Small study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
LCPL holds a Public Performance License for a large collections of movies to be shown in the branch.
Free notary services are provided by appointment. Please call 571-258-3309 to schedule.
Some important information before you come in for notary service:
- Documents must be signed in the presence of the notary public after the presentation of a valid photo ID.
- Certified copies of birth, death or marriage certificates are not available through a notary public and should be requested by the issuing government office.
- Library staff cannot service as witnesses. If your document requires witnesses, you will need to bring these individuals with you at your scheduled appointment time.
The Makerspace is open during regular hours. Please call the library for details about availability. Some small fees for supplies or printing may apply. Please visit LCPL's makerspace page for more information. Sterling Library's makerspace features:
- 3D printers
- Sewing machines, serger and embroidery machine
- Small sound booth with music editing software
- Heat press
- Laminator machine
- Ellison die cutter
- Digitization equipment: VHS-to-DVD capabilities, as well as devices to convert most popular formats
- Little Bits and Makey Makey
- Coding for all ages with Ozobots, Spheros and Bloxels
- 3D carving machine
Donations are not accepted at this time.